Thread Painting - Greeting Cards


Today I am sharing one of my old unique cards which me and my father made in school summer holidays. I liked them so much that I have never shared it with anyone. 

Materials: 
Card sheet, threads (various sizes), water paints and some sketch pens 
Process:
  1. Take two same size card sheet.
  2. Take any length embroidery threads and dip threads in various inks or paints
  3. Spread the threads on one card in asymmetrical style. Press the second card on it .
  4. Pull the threads while pressing the two cards together. 
  5. This creates the symmetrical lines on both the cards.
  6. Add few details with sketch pens / sharpie to create various forms or shapes from these lines. 
I did the fun part of making imprints from the coloured threads whereas my dad did the creative part of making some shapes out of those lines. 



First one reads: Loneliness; Second one reads: Waves



Did you liked this idea? Would like to know if I can use this technique in any other form...do share your thoughts...


Reads: Blurred memories

Happy Crafting!!

Thanks so much for visiting The Craft Gallery. I would be honored if you would take a moment to like our new Facebook Page "The Craft Gallery"   




Followers