I made this baby quilt from IKEA Textiles I purchased sometime ago. I made this quilt for our new baby who will join us soon.
- 1m length Printed Cotton Fabric
- Cotton Thread
- Quilting Needle
I loved the Hummingbird Design on this fabric and decided to place it in the centre of the quilt and quilted straigth lines around it to get the fluffiness.
- The fabric was folded in half and stitched on two sides from the wrong side.
- Turn the fabric inside out and fill with polyfill or any quilt batting you life.
- Blanket stitch to close the ends.
- I quilted small stitches in straight rows at equal distances and ensured the hummingbird is not stitched over.
Its a very quick one day project for a newborn.